Sunday, in-person worship!
The State of California and San Mateo County recently updated and aligned their mask mandates, effective starting February 16, 2022. CLC’s COVID Response Team met on February 10th to update CLC’s COVID policies to align with the most recent state and county guidelines:
- Un-vaccinated individuals over the age of 2 are still required to wear a mask indoors. If you are not fully vaccinated, and are eligible for a vaccine or booster, please consult your health provider about getting vaccinated.
- Vaccinated individuals should feel free to wear a mask indoors or around others, although they are not required to beginning February 16th. In view of her interactions with people in multiple settings, Pastor Sue will continue to wear a mask at appropriate times during worship services and at other events.
- Individuals experiencing possible COVID symptoms (fever, chills, cough, fatigue, or others) should refrain from exposing others and get tested.
- Anyone testing positive for COVID-19 should follow current CDC and California Public Health guidelines for isolating/quarantining. In general, you should quarantine for at least 5 days. Assuming symptoms resolve and testing is negative, you may end isolation after 5 days, but should continue to wear a mask around others for a total of 10 days (see www.cdph.ca.gov for details).
- Ventilation of the facility (e.g., opening windows) during events should continue as much as feasible. All windows now have screens.
- We continue to ask people to sign in for events, in case contact tracing is needed.
- As we continue to evaluate changing conditions, everyone is encouraged to make their own decisions about masking and gathering, considering their personal risk tolerance, their own underlying health conditions, and their contacts with more vulnerable members of the community (including our elderly, immuno-compromised, and children under age 5, who are not yet eligible for vaccination).