Be sure to check the monthly calendar and current newsletter for this month’s schedule of activities.
- Women’s Bible Study: On the second Tuesday of the month, women gather from 2-3:30pm to enjoy tea, light snacks, fellowship and to study and discuss scripture. Currently, we are using the Bible Study found in the monthly Gather Magazine as the basis for the conversation.
- Centering Prayer: Every Tuesday at 6 pm, we take a break from the hustle and bustle of our busy days and gather in candlelight in the CLC Sanctuary for 45 minutes of contemplation, prayer, optional sharing and quiet time as we reflect on a short devotion.
- Book Club: We gather together periodically at a local eatery at lunchtime to discuss current books, films and current issues. Discussions are broad so even if you haven’t had a chance to read the book or see the movie, you will be able to participate. Check the current newsletter for the titles and topics, and dates, times and locations of upcoming discussions.
- Prayer Labyrinth, Peace Pole, and Lending Library: Nestled among the palm trees, the gravel prayer labyrinth on the grounds of CLC is open to the public during daylight hours for meditation and prayer. The prayer labyrinth here at CLC was constructed in memory of longtime member Marilyn Bosshart. You can find more information on the history of prayer labyrinths and suggestions on who to use them for prayer at this website: https://www.grace.org/labyrinth/
- Our Peace Pole and lending library are new this year thanks to Eagle Scott Micah Warner-Carey. The public is invited to contemplate the meaning of the prayer, “Let Peace Prevail” which is inscribed on the pole in eight different languages. Books are available in the lending library for anyone to take.